 General / 50030
Re: Thanks a lot, guys, you've made me hate LUGNET.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:26:24 GMT

Hey Jeremiah,

As Steve noted, it’s pretty easy to stay away from the real acrimonious threads. I pretty much stick to reading specific theme forums. Things aren’t really that bad. Look at the posts that are spotlighted right now: 8 are highlighting cool MOCs and builders, 1 is actually thanking Jake, and 1 probably falls into the category of posts that is turning you away. Or take the .castle forum (just because that is the forum I am most likely to read), in the last 25 or so posts, 3 are these highly cross-posted posts on color, two are about auctions of castle sets, one is about participating in a fundraiser for charity, 9 are discussing the upcoming Viking sub-theme, 1 links to some scans of old catalogs, and the remaining 6 are discussing MOCs. Btw, clicking “next twenty” twice, of the next forty posts in .castle, all but three are discussions of MOCs. A very similar story is seen in .space. Just clicking through the first few pages, almost all of the posts are discussing MOCs, with the same three highly-crossposted posts on color (the follow-ups on these are all correctly pointing elsewhere. I’d say that if you’re trying to avoid endless color debates key to happier Lugnetting is to stay out of .general and focus in on your favorite themes.

Bruce