 General / 49971
49970  |  49972
Subject:
Anyone read Danske Modelbiler?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.dk
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 08:04:27 GMT

Hello,

I don't exactly know where to put this, so I'll take a chance and post here -
please forgive me if I should've posted elsewhere..

I stumbled upon a gently used copy of "Danske Modelbiler" Collectors Priceguide
for Danish Modelcars, by Dorte Johansen and Hans Hedegard. It was on an Autobook
dealer's clearance table at the Los Angeles Auto Show for $20 (next to the "How
to Add Nitrous to your Honda" section). I figured I couldn't go wrong..

Wow, what a great selection of photos of old LEGO diecast! I'd seen some of the
cars in other publications, but this one had a bunch of the trucks too - mostly
REALLY cool Chevy commercials and sedan deliveries. There's even LEGO tractors!
Who knew? :)

Anyway, my question is about the little "steering wheel" attachment that seems
to have come on several of the trucks. It looks like an old-fashioned cable
release for a camera, but somehow allows you to steer (sorry, I can't translate
the text!). Anyone have any experience with these? How do they work, and is it
likely I'd be able to find one in serviceable condition?

Thanks,

Darrell