 General / 49965
    Re: trading —Sonnich Jensen
   "Master Blobicus" <Cartmandude@cox.net> wrote in message news:I91K2p.qr5@lugnet.com... (...) would (...) instructions have (...) snipped Sorry, I do not have those items not interest in what you have. But I am happy to see other people looking for (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: trading —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Trading is great! But this is OFF TOPIC for .general. Please confine it to a .market group, thanks... (19 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: trading —Sonnich Jensen
   (...) This was not for trading, but rarther the discussion of trades or not. Therefore I see, that it can be here as "general discussion". So: great to hear that you like them too! S (19 years ago, 9-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: trading —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) That would be better suited to market.theory than .general, at least in my opinion. (...) I find trades to be a fair bit of work and I find myself doing them less and less. The advent of automation at sites to aid buying and selling tilts it (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: trading —Kerry Raymond
   (...) and (...) even (...) Personally I never understand why anyone bothers with trading. The whole point of inventing the concept of money was because one-on-one bartering (trading) isn't scaleable because it depends on finding the person who not (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: trading —Ross Crawford
   (...) That's all well and good, but if you *do* find someone that has what you want and wants what you have, trading can be both a positive experience *and* an efficient way to do the deal. And sites that seem to be biased towards cash transactions (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: trading —Frank Filz
     Some thoughts: While using cash is a pretty efficient way of doing things, it does have a cost. Surre, the cost is often pretty minimal, but nevertheless there is a cost. Of course a trade has its own costs. TANSTAAFL - There Aint No Such Thing As A (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: trading —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Um, don't you mean "CLOSE to 0"?? If you did a trade with a BrickLink store, you surely did it via buying stuff from that store. (washed by that store buying stuff from yours to even it out or close to it) To do otherwise (to set up a side (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.theory)