 General / 49632
Re: Identifying AFOLs on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:48:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In lugnet.general, David Eaton wrote:
LEGO: CA+++ SP+++ SW++++ #++++++ A+ CO+ LM- LS+++ MOC+ P+++++ S Hzl M+ VLv
YB76m IC10

I don't know about the Geek code.  I think it would take less time to read
someones profile (personal info) in paragraph form that to try to translate a
Geek code into data one can understand.  You would always need a cheat sheet
of sorts, and it would be very easy to make a mistake and get someones
profile wrong. But that's only me.  Looks like some of you have the Geek Code
down to a science. :-)

Heh, if LGC caught on, it'd probably slowly become second nature-- at least to
the things you were interested in seeing. But I have to agree, it's very
intimidating at first glance. Lots of symbols and wierdness floating around.
Now, what would be cool would be if Lugnet caught LGC (in, say, FTX or
something), and parsed it out in a popup window, link, or mouseover or
something, with a quick footnote explanation of Geek Code and where to
make/translate it yourself.

DaveE