 General / 4946
  Survey

Hi, Just curious: If one theme was to never have existed, which one would you have wanted it to be? Star Wars, or... Blacktron I </awkwardly stated question> Greg (URL) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

(...) My first (last?) choice would be Scala. Second is "City Center". -Tom McD. when replying, note that hollowing out a brick of spamcake doesn't qualify it as a CRAPP even amongst non-purists. (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

Hi all & Tom, (...) The first Scala theme or the second one, both mented for girls but you want be anti femanal woulld you ? (...) I personel dont have any anti themes, in the earlie days I didnt like Fabuland but the figs where nice to make stories (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

(...) Tom, you must have been chewing on one of those spamcakes. The question was, which of the two themes listed would you choose to have not existed? Your choices: Star Wars or Blacktron I -- Terry K -- Note my lack of commitment by not (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

(...) Well, in that case, I choose Wild West. The faces are snarly, and the guns are a little too modern for a company that says it's not going to make modern weapons. eric (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

Oh where to start? How about Stingrays (Whatever the "Aquanauts" are now), Town Junior/ City Center, Insectoids, Rock Raiders, Throwbots, Cybermaster. Can you imagine if the LG (Apologies to whoever didn't like TLG) focused on themes and sets that (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

What a choice! Uh, I could not! Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

(...) exactly what all the sets of these themes are. I've seen from both themes a few sets (Episode I sets aren't available here, but Ep IV-VI is). I think, however, that I should take Star Wars as the theme that shouldn't have existed. My reason: (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

Star Wars. Blacktron rocks! (...) Sincerely, Christopher L. Weeks central Missouri, USA (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

(...) The first Scala theme was great, and sadly gone by the time I noticed it. All those tiles and bracelet hinges.... And it inspired me to make large tacky gemstone rings with a small number of pretechnic "1x2" chain links and a trans-color 1x2 (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

(...) have (...) be anti (...) Hmm. Probably the second one. Doesn't matter if it's for females - I didn't say anything about them. A theme can still be lame regardless of theme- intended gender. Besides, I married a female - if I was "anti femanal" (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

(...) Hmm. Tough question. I wasn't around for BT1, so I don't have a strong attachment to it. But Star Wars is less original. But the parts in the Star Wars sets are awesome. And when BT1 was around, there were a lot of other great LEGO sets. But (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

(...) Ah, but the balance of today's LEGO is 100% sucky, neh? On the other hand, the introduction of BT1 didn't necessarily reintroduce a bold level of good model design, but rather continued a fine trend. *IF* the SW series brings back that level (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 01:19:15 GMT, Greg Majewski uttered the following profundities... (...) I never knew Blacktron, as it was a DA theme, so it would have to be that to disappear! (25 years ago, 26-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)