 General / 4989
Re: Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:40:14 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.general, Greg Majewski writes:
Just curious: If one theme was to never have existed, which one would you have
wanted it to be?
Star Wars, or...
Blacktron I
I guess I'd have to say that, between the two, I'd rather BT1 never existed.
If SW didn't exist, today's LEGO would be 100% sucky.

Ah, but the balance of today's LEGO is 100% sucky, neh?  On the other hand,
the introduction of BT1 didn't necessarily reintroduce a bold level of good
model design, but rather continued a fine trend.

*IF* the SW series brings back that level of quality across the board, then
I wouldn't cry so badly if BT1 were never around.

But when it's shown that the SW sets were a fluke, then bring on the BT1,
baby!  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat

Darth Maul Lives