 General / 4981
Re: Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:55:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nico Hoogerbrug writes:
Hi all & Tom,

Just curious: If one theme was to never have existed, which one would you • have
wanted it to be?
My first (last?) choice would be Scala.

The first Scala theme or the second one, both mented for girls but you want • be anti
femanal woulld you ?

Hmm. Probably the second one. Doesn't matter if it's for females - I didn't
say anything about them. A theme can still be lame regardless of theme-
intended gender. Besides, I married a female - if I was "anti femanal" I
wouldn't have married one. As it is they're already a bit of a challenge to
live with ;)

Second is "City Center".

I personel dont have any anti themes, in the earlie days I didnt like • Fabuland but
the figs where nice to make stories with so still an good theme.

Yeah, Fabuland turned me off too, but that was because I wasn't three years
old and wanting to play with Lego bricks - I was in my teens.

Nowadays are a lot
of predefined elements in all the themes, these elements where the things I • dont
like. They cant be used for a lot of other purposes.
Yes Im old fashioned but I like to build with LEGO bricks but everytime • something
else. So I need a lot of ordinary bricks, multifunctional.

That's exactly why I voted against City center :)

-Tom McD.
when replying, note that it's possible to find Jimmy Hoffa in spamcake.