 General / 49313
    Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript Jake McKee
   (...) Not to make a bigger issue of this comment than was meant, but I am going to step in here quickly. Please remember that I'm but one person. I do my level-headed best to get and distribute as much information about "everything LEGO" as I (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Marc Nelson, Jr.
     (...) snip (...) Submitting questions in advance would be fine with me - I'd rather have the best information than the quickest information. Perhaps a monthly poll could be held to determine the questions most in need of answering. I'd like to see a (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

         Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Rocco J. Carello
     (...) Hi, I really like this idea, it's very similar to what I was thinking. Perhaps something like 2 weeks to submit questions, a few days for an admin to edit and mash together similar questions, and then 2 weeks to vote on your favorites. Then, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

         Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript Jake McKee
     (...) This has actually been happening on FBTB.net (Ask LEGO Forum) for several years. And yes, the questions have dwindled over time. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Benjamin Ellermann
     In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote: snip (...) This is definitely a problem with chats. more snipping (...) I do not think that pre-submitted questions would alter discussions of chat questions very much. Some people will be happy with answers you (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Agree. Save the spontaneous discussion for one on one bull sessions where no one is scribing so your words can't get twisted around... (1) This moves you more in the direction of a PR flack, which is not much fun, so do the scripted questions (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Jake Chat II - Transcript —Rocco J. Carello
   (...) Hi Jake! I believe a chat has a strong appeal due to it's interactive nature, and people like to be able to have a conversation with somebody in a position like yours. However, while reading the posts in this thread and reflecting on the chat, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)