 General / 49266
49265  |  49267
Subject:
Another questionable decision from lego...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:44:40 GMT

I just read one of the news articles on the Newgrounds website (place
where people upload Flash and stop-motion animations) that said they had
to delete over 100 Lego stop-motion animations because it was demanded
by Lego's lawyers.  The origional news post:

"There was some bad news this past week... Despite there being national
festivals for Lego movies, Lego didn't seem to appreciate the work by
fans here on Newgrounds. I had a nasty confrontation with their lawyers,
who wanted the Lego stuff removed.

A lot of times I fight this stuff, but in this case * it... If Lego
doesn't appreciate their fans, then I don't want to promote their toys
anyway. I was a Constructs kid myself. So I deleted over 100 Lego
submissions. I did regret it afterwards, but now it's done. We had some
really great submissions, and rarely were they crude in nature."

Does anybody at Lego have any explanation for this, or was this another
"nobody will notice" thing?

--
Markham Carroll