 General / 49178
Re: A Set within a Set.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 02:02:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
Well I was looking at an old wooden box set I found in Germany 20 years ago, it......

The #238 Idea book that I was talking about in this thread also has an very
interesting sidebar, namely the very first time a "MAERSK" Lego item has been
seen in Lego.  Click on the picture of the ships in section 6.  The largest ship
at the bottom of the picture happens to be the "REGINA MAERSK", although the
blue bricks are the standard blue.

http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/ideabook/index.htm

This book first came out in late 1959, and can be found in about 20 different
variations (found in different languages, and these can be found in 1960-61
subvariaton (no wheels/no black bricks), a 1962-63 subvariation (with
wheels/black bricks, but no small plates), a 1964-65 subvariation (with all the
above plus small plates) and a 1966-68 subvariaton (with no Town Plan).

This Swedish version of #238 happens to be the first subvariaton (1960-61).

This is an example of the complexities of the 1957-70 era that makes those years
such a mystery.  (But not for long....)

Gary Istok
A Lego addict since 1960