 General / 49166
Re: Need a building tip!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:12:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons wrote:
   Hey all,

For my latest project, I want to build a medium-size spacecraft with wings angled down at about 30 degrees..(snip).. Can anyone recommend a website with pictures or suggest a technique that I could try?

Thanks in advance!

David Simmons xenobuzz@earthlink.net

There is a description of geometry with lego on :
http://home.zonnet.nl/ericbrok/legomind/ (“thoughts” / “geometry”)

Forming a triangle in 3-4-5 configuration results in an angle of 36.87° (too much ?).
Forming a triangle in 5-12-13 configuration results in an angle of 22.62° (not enough ?).

You make it closer to 30° by using hinges: (a²+b²=x²+y²)
a=x=2 / b=y=7 results in an angle of 31.89°.
a=x=2 / b=y=8 results in an angle of 28.07°.
a=x=3 / b=y=11 results in an angle of 30.51°.

Close enough ??

Maarten