 General / 49152
49151  |  49153
Subject:
Need a building tip!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:22:03 GMT

Hey all,

For my latest project, I want to build a medium-size spacecraft with wings
angled down at about 30 degrees.  I've tried a couple of configurations
using Technic beams, but nothing fit exactly.  They were all off just enough
to tell me that the fit might work, but that the bricks would be stressed
too much for my tastes.  I also looked at angled studless beams, but the
angles are all 45 degrees, which is too steep for the look I want.  The base
of the wings (the part that will be attached to the fuselage) has to be
fixed and very strong, because I want the major part of the wings fold
upwards for landing.  I don't want to use click-hinges at all.

Can anyone recommend a website with pictures or suggest a technique that I
could try?

Thanks in advance!

David Simmons
xenobuzz@earthlink.net