 General / 48698
Re: instructions for set 329
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 05:18:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sonnich Jensen wrote:
I have probably finished this....

The remaining parts are here:
(larger view here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=867975 )

Also, white and red bricks, and some plates

Where is the (apple)tree from?
Where is the small road sign from?
By the windows&doors, white bricks and red roof bricks, there is one or two
houses there. Anyone any idea?
The grey plate is from either 800 or 801, I have instructions too.
The yellow door? Glaas is missing.
Some car? Head lights? But all whels are "double"?
Ladder? It is broken anyway...
Blue roof bricks?

What I'd really like to know is the sign and the tree...

BR
Sonnich

"Sonnich Jensen" <sonnich@hot.ee> wrote in message
Hi all!

I lately got a lot of lego dated 1967-1972, where there also is a set 329 -
but instructions on Brickshelf are incomplete.
Can anyone help me?

There were about 3kg, I have been going through it for some time now, as
seen here
Pictures 1-4 are from the day when I got it, pic 4 is from the first
overview, 5 and later will be today...

The sets are in very well condition, even a 126 with fine instructions and
box!
I'll later post about the missing parts, hope find it all. I am out of
instructions, so I browse lugnet, peeron and brickshelf a lot right now.
I am banging my my head with 2 pairs on old train couplers, one 6x16 train
baseplate, 2 pairs of old wheels (one stud, but white holder), and 3 pairs
of newer couplers. This must be some kind on train stuff, but there are not
many blue parts (as there would be from 1966 or before), no black slopes,
but there are motor and batterybox.
Still no idea...

I'll answer about the sign and the tree.

The sign comes from parts pack #232 (1958-65) or #489 (1966-69).  These were
superceded in 1969 by the taller signs that could attach to Lego studs.  The
only sets that had these types of signs were #810 (European Town Plan, 1961-66)
and #306 (VW Garage, 1958-64).

The tree comes from parts pack #230 (1960-65), although this parts pack goes
back to 1957, with earlier tree types.  The Apple tree was NOT sold in
USA/Canada.  This tree had an oval flat bottom that could not be attached to
Lego studs.  It had hand painted red apples.  In 1966, TLG put a circular raised
bottom on the tree that could attach to 2x2 studs.  However, they no longer
painted the apples red.  I believe the only set that had the apple tree was the
European Town Plan #810.  These were NOT part of the USA Town Plan #725, even
though the box top and instructions show that they were.

All this is explained in my upcoming CD.  There are several pages on each topic,
small road signs and flat trees.

Gary Istok.

P.S.  The LUGNET database incorrectly lists the #810 European Town Plan set as
the wooden box set in the picture.  The #810 is actually the cardboard box set
sitting underneath the wooden box set.