 General / 48451
Re: standard FAN-NO-MORE complaint form v0.9.3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:22:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Terry Prosper wrote:
   I’m not at all desiring to get involved in this flame-war. I want to ask a simple question to you about this post though. What is the click-hinge conversion you are talking about? I like those click-hinge parts and I use them when I need them, but appart from that, they don’t bother me and I don’t really understand what you have against them. They are better for certain jobs than the older non-clicking hinges, although those non-clicking hinges do have their role to pley in some situations.

It all boils down to the fact that nearly all hinged pieces are being replaced with click-hinge equivalents. One particularly noted instance is the conversion from this part to this part. The second pic doesn’t really do a good job of showing the problem (and Peeron doesn’t have a pic), but the old hinged panel has been replaced by one that will attach to this piece (this can be seen a little easier with this piece, which has replaced this piece. Aside from a few specific pieces, most hinge types are no longer being produced in a non-click style.

I actually like the click hinges very much, in situations where they seem better suited than their original counterparts, and I like being able to use this pair in some situations, but I also like being able to use this pair, and I’d prefer that both styles continue to be produced. I agree with the anti-click side in that I don’t see much point in the new hinge panel, though.