 General / 48239
Re: Need help identifying printed bricks...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 10:13:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Clark Stephens wrote:
Mark,
These printed beams were also included in large 'town plan' sets, including
several variants of the 700 wooden box:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/700_2
the British-only version 810
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/810_2
and the Samsonite version 725
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/725_3
and probably other larger 'generic' building sets. These sets also had the
garage pieces you mention.

I've seen the languages be inconsistant within sets, too. Many of the above sets
I've seen for sale have a mix of languages on the bricks. It would be hard for
me to identify any specific set just from those few bricks.

I've made a hobby of collecting pictures of all known variants of vintage
printed bricks. Yours are just some of the over 300 versions I've cataloged.
Here's the link to my galleries:

[snip]

Your posterijen brick appears to be a variant I don't have pictured. With your
permission, I'd like to add it to my gallery. Please let me know if I may be of
any further assistance.

Hope that helps,
Clark

Visit my Vintage Parts pages, submissions always welcome:

Isodomos.com - marking the difference in Lego parts.
http://www.isodomos.com

Clark, please feel free to use the picture in your gallery. That is a very good
source of information... I have it favoritized in my browser now.
Also, thank you for the explanations. As I am dutch myself, I had recognized
that the automatiek and the posterijen were dutch too :-). I also believe the
TAXI'S is also dutch, because of the little ' between the I and the S. That is
dutch used for "more than one taxi".