 General / 4791
4790  |  4792
Subject:
So few threads...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:30:51 GMT

Hey all,

Some interesting numbers...

I just noticed that for a relatively high-strung newsgroup,
lugnet.off-topic.debate has only about 60 threads, but contains around 1,200
messages in it (as of today), making an average of 20 messages per thread.
OTOH, lugnet.general, a busier newsgroup, has about 850 threads; at a total
of about 4,770 messages, that comes out to an average of about 5.6 messages
per thread.

Some other discussion group averages:

lugnet.off-topic.fun: ~ 8.0 messages / thread
lugnet.admin.general: ~ 6.1 messages / thread
lugnet.build: ~ 6.1 messages / thread
lugnet.cad: ~ 4.4 messages / thread
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw: ~ 13.6 messages / thread
lugnet.publish: ~ 5.6 messages / thread

I guess this shows that for the .debate and .org.ldraw groups, discussion is
pretty focused; while on .cad and .general, there's a wider variety of
conversations going on.  ...Which is probably how it should be.  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat

Don't blame me, I voted for Palpatine