 General / 45185
Re: Ikros and Copyright Infringement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:24:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford wrote: (snip)

Nicely summed up. This issue is one that seems to trip folks up a fair bit... you see it a lot in the LEGO animation community.

I think David Goeb (and Matthew Miller) give the best advice, avoid the issue completely by securing rights or by using things for which rights are not necessary (by statement of the originator, not by your assumption).

No criticism of Anthony’s prior actions is intended, but this was a rather unfortunate way to be encouraged to take this approach in future.

I have always had the position that if I want my rights respected I have to do my utmost to respect the rights of others.