 General / 44049
  A far more insidious change to the brick!

Hey all, WOW! I check in after a few weeks and the whole world ended! I'm adopting a wait-and-see approach to the color change, although having so many different grays will be annoying and time-consuming purely from a sorting standpoint. The change (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: A far more insidious change to the brick!

Actually, in 2003 the old school hinge appeared in the T-16, the Jedi Starfighter and in the UCS snowspeeder (holding the canopy)... so they're not completely gone, just a little more rare. It'll be ok folks. I promise. (URL) Admiral Giddens <>< (...) (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space, FTX)

"David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:HooJFE.6BG@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] It is funny that you mention this as I had this very same thought not 10 minutes before reading your post. I (...) (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: A far more insidious change to the brick!

(...) I agree. one of the cool uses for the 'old' hinges is that by attaching a 1x2 two 'fingered' & a 1x2 three 'fingered hinge witheach piece's studs in opposite direction (one 'up', one 'down') you could easily make a plat thick assemly with (...) (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: A far more insidious change to the brick!

(...) I would contend that all LEGO creations are "toyish". After all, LEGO is a toy. - Orion (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: A far more insidious change to the brick!

(...) I suspect that the fact that the hinges hold their shape (i.e. can hold the wings of a ship or whatever in some kind of "open" position working against gravity) is another factor here. Much more playability I suspect. (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

I know exactly what you mean and I agree wholeheartedly. It's just that for me the look of the click-hinge in these pieces detracts from the potential realism. Dave "Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.p...ursky.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 23-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

"David Simmons" <xenobuzz@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:HotHEv.1GqC@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Last night my son (age 8) and I had a chance to play with the new World City 7043 Fire Boat: (URL) set is actually a pretty (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A far more insidious change to the brick!

(...) That was the word I was thinking of too. These are just not good. I was playing around with the big yellow pickup truck last nite at Discover Mills and it uses click hinges in the A pillars (the front posts on either side of where the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A far more insidious change to the brick!

(...) Yeah, I see that pretty clearly now. Any part that needs to be treated 'gentler' to keep from falling off the model in question definitely has an issue. (...) I'm a little more ambivalent about the click hinges because I found they were great (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)