 General / 4394
Re: The largest LEGO box is?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 17:20:39 GMT

Carbon 60 wrote:

6991 is a tiny box!  I reckon that 6990 and 6399 Monorails were bigger -
when I got mine in the post (6991) I thought how small it looked.  Can
you verify this?  I have train 7740 - that's big.

I don't have 7740 in a box so can't say. But 6991 is massive. At least
mine are. Could there be two versions of the packaging? I compared one
of my unopened 6991s to my unopened  6339 airport shuttle and my newly
arrived 6990 box. All comparisions are eyeball not measured, too hard to
worm stuff out of the stacks.

I guess I'm amazed at box size variation. Some variants are so small in
difference I have to wonder why bother? Unless they were US vs. Metric
box sizes or something.

6991 is about 1.5 inches longer than 6339 the longest way. It's about
3/4 inches longer the next longest way. no difference in height (the
shortest way)

6990 is the same size as 6339 in two dimensions, or very close, but just
about 1/4 inch or less smaller in the shortest dimension.

I'm gonna go with 6991 as the largest non scala box.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.