 General / 43796
Re: New Poll regarding new colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:18:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ted Michon wrote:
   The poll forces voters into compromises. The choices should be simpler.

I am in the category “I don’t want to lose the old colors and don’t mind fleshing out the basic spectrum, but I am opposed to the current explosion of new colors”.

I don’t want to have to say I’m in favor of lots of new colors (in order to be against removing the existing grays). It’s a bad idea to add zillions of colors when, as it was, most bricks were NEVER been available in most colors. With lots more colors, it will become harder than ever to get what serious builders need in bulk.

-Ted Michon

I have to agree with this. For years, there has been a real demand for the majority of enthusiasts to bring out REAL bulk from Shop@Home. Lego brand retail has taken steps forward in bringing out Pick-a-brick at its stores, but this has only been available in a few select markets. The majority of us, don’t have this or any other type of bulk offering.

The new colors don’t do anything for me. Why can’t we have these colors used in a few select sets like the lime green in the starwars sets or the light blue in the hp sets. Why the wholesale changes. The lighter greys will only make the environmental damage with the sunlight even worse.

Ben