 General / 42989
Re: New poll: how do you handle building interiors, backsides
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:18:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
Hi all,

I figured I'd try putting up a poll for those of you who build buildings.  I
guess the main question I'm getting at is do you build buildings more for
display (how they look as backdrop for your brickfilm or train layout or
whatever), or more for functionality and playability, or somewhere in between.
Anyway, here's the link:
http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=168

Or, you can just post a follow up to this telling me how flawed my poll is.  ;)
Or you could tell me, for instance, that the Scorpion Palace has a fully
furnished interior (that was the one set I listed that I don't own), or suggest
a set that has a furnished but inaccessible interior.

Bruce

The poll's not flawed, just incomplete. The real answer is somewhere in between
or a little of both. I often find myself building buildings completely void of
interiors for train shows largely because they're for 'show' and won't get
much(or any) playability while at the show. On the other hand, for purposes of
'play,' I'm inclined to build structures with interiors a la the new train shed,
or, as you cited in your poll, the blacksmith shop.

Play On!!

Michael Harrod