 General / 42505
Re: The Two Towers : New poster at www.rotule.qc.ca
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:14:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
Hey Terry,

I liked this poster.  I'm a little bummed that I never got around to doing that
one myself.  I'll have to be a little quicker on RotK when I find an official
movie poster for that.  My only complaint was that I would have made the tower
on the left out of blocks, with a fair amount of detail.  I wish some of those
hair elements actually existed.  That Arwen hair would be pretty cool.

Bruce

When I wrote my comment about waiting for others to do it, I was thinking about
you.  You can still make your own version and I'll stil put it on the website.
I only limit one poster for each movie for each person, so that doesn't limit
the number of people making the same movie.

I'm also thinking about making another contest soon, but this time, it would be
to make a specific poster, and the best poster would win.  I think it could be
interesting to see the different ways people would make the same movie poster.

Yeah, had I got the right hair pieces, I think i would have saved much time on
editing and people would have preferred it since it would have been real LEGO
and not computer graphics..  So I learn the hard way what people consider to be
nice and not.  By trying to be very accurate to the original poster, I
sacrificed the integrity of the LEGO parts.  Still, you're right, that Arwen
hairpiece would be cool.

LEGO ought to make more hairpieces, especially for ladies.

Terry

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: The Two Towers : New poster at www.rotule.qc.ca

Hey Terry, I liked this poster. I'm a little bummed that I never got around to doing that one myself. I'll have to be a little quicker on RotK when I find an official movie poster for that. My only complaint was that I would have made the tower on (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.general)