 General / 42502
Re: The Two Towers : New poster at www.rotule.qc.ca
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:13:53 GMT

Some votes were accidentally destroyed, we will restore them with backup.

A security problem that occured a while ago with the Minifig Hall of Fame
happened again last night, but with the posters files.  The FOTR:TTT file was
lost, but we had a backup fil in another format (for another purpose than
backup), so don't worry, we will reconstruct all the votes soon.

For the curious, what happened is that the file that is being written over when
someone votes must have been used by 2 people simultaneously.  Keep in mind that
this situation is very unlikely and when it happens, the file, being unable to
process 2 request at once, is written over by a blank file containing the single
vote that the 2nd person was entering.  I'm no programming person, so this is
what i recall from the last time it happened and that my friend explained to me.

Like I said, though, we keep a file with all the votes, IPs and time of the vote
for statistical purposes.  This file is going to be used to re-create the
original file + the new votes that have been registered since the bug.

We didn't think this situation could happen inthe poster section, this is a
surprise (unpleasant one) for us.  We will now introduce the new security fix we
did for the MHoF in the posters section too, I guess.

Terry

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: The Two Towers : New poster at www.rotule.qc.ca

(...) Votes have been restored. The LOTR:TTT poster is now the most voted! That's amazing! Thank you all for your time! Terry (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.general)

Message is in Reply To:
  The Two Towers : New poster at www.rotule.qc.ca

LORD OF THE RING : THE TWO TOWERS I'm very pleased to announce a great new addition to our LEGO posters archive : LOTR : TTT Click on thumbnail to go to the page... (URL) ***...*** One Poster to rule them all I made this image on a 2 days period, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !