 General / 4235
Re: Lego and Pets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 17:39:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher Masi writes:

The funniest near disaster was when I found Puppykong trotting down the • hallway
with my Metro Liner dangling from her mouth. Thankfully there was no damage • done;
she was holding the train by the magnetic coupler. It was a very funny site. • At
the time she was small; so, she had to hold her had up very high to keep the
train from dragging on the floor.

Does your feret chew the LEGO or just carry it around.

          My Ferret (Bananna) doesn't really eat the lego but all the carrying
away he does with them inevitably leads to lots of tiny little teeth marks on
the pieces, especially the soft pieces like tires.  He has also ruined some
axles and bushings while trying to get tires off of vehicles (which he is very
good at).  Ive caught him trying to pull my super under the futon.  That car
is about 5 times bigger than Banana. :)

PS If you would like to see who Puppykong go to
http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/trains/Engine%20Gallery/engine_gallery.htm

and scroll down to the last trolley and the first blue diesel electric and you
will find a link to a picture of Puppykong.

          Puppykong looks cool.  I can just imagine him with the metroliner in
his mouth!  What a picture it would have made, great story!

the homepage for the whole site is
http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego

Richard Hrynyszyn wrote:

          Does anyone have any interesting tales of lego & pets?  Did your • dog
ever eat your prize moc.  I have a ferret who loves lego.  When i spread
enough of them out on the floor he dives into them like a ball crawl.  He • will
completely bury himself with pieces.  He also loves to "sort" all of my soft
rubber tires and "store" them under the couch where i can't reach them.  He
loves lego tires so much he will pull them off of a vehicle.  He can even • open
up my big 1001 piece tubs to get to the goodies inside.  I bought the lego • rc
car set specifically to play with my ferret.  I usually have to lock him up • in
his cage when i want to get serious about sorting or building.  :)  - Rich