 General / 4205
Re: Lego and Pets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 20:47:53 GMT

My dogs like to watch the trains go by. Sometimes they participate in the train
play. The older dog, Bailey (derived from Bailey Island, Maine), is refered to as
Dogzilla, and the younger dog, Bourbon (derived from Bourbon Street, New
Orleans), is refered to as Puppykong. Puppykong is by far the more ferocious of
the two. Dogzilla will usually try to avoid the trains until she goes on the
attack; where as, Puppykong will trample everthing and anything in her path just
to sit and watch the trains.  Actual damage done...Puppykong 3 Dogzilla 0.

Puppykong chewed on the wheels and some of the bricks from my yellow garbage
truck (I tried a LUGNET search, but couldn't find it and what is left of the box
is at home). This was not a big deal because all the parts could be pilfered from
other sources. (Cannot stand the smell but I have always been fancinated by
garbage trucks. Maybe it is the way the garbage "disappears" when it is thrown in
the back and then crushed.)

Puppykong also chewed on a gate from my "Manual Level Crossing" (
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=7835-1 ). This is irreplaceable, but I
caught her before she did any serious damage. So the gate is still useable.

The real bad one was she chewed up the train schedule that comes with the Metro
Liner ( http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=metro+liner ). That made me
very sad.

The funniest near disaster was when I found Puppykong trotting down the hallway
with my Metro Liner dangling from her mouth. Thankfully there was no damage done;
she was holding the train by the magnetic coupler. It was a very funny site. At
the time she was small; so, she had to hold her had up very high to keep the
train from dragging on the floor.

Does your feret chew the LEGO or just carry it around.

PS If you would like to see who Puppykong go to
http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/trains/Engine%20Gallery/engine_gallery.htm

and scroll down to the last trolley and the first blue diesel electric and you
will find a link to a picture of Puppykong.

the homepage for the whole site is
http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego

Richard Hrynyszyn wrote:

          Does anyone have any interesting tales of lego & pets?  Did your dog
ever eat your prize moc.  I have a ferret who loves lego.  When i spread
enough of them out on the floor he dives into them like a ball crawl.  He will
completely bury himself with pieces.  He also loves to "sort" all of my soft
rubber tires and "store" them under the couch where i can't reach them.  He
loves lego tires so much he will pull them off of a vehicle.  He can even open
up my big 1001 piece tubs to get to the goodies inside.  I bought the lego rc
car set specifically to play with my ferret.  I usually have to lock him up in
his cage when i want to get serious about sorting or building.  :)  - Rich