 General / 42185
Re: Question on LUGNET Set Listing - Combo Packs of sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 22:26:14 GMT

"Scott E. Sanburn" wrote:
Ah, Indeed. I remember the pictures you posted when you moved from the east
coast out to the west coast (I don't remember details off hand, I have
enough trouble keeping track of myself!) and all the stuff you had. : )

Just a few bricks... At least from that move, I can pretty confidently
say I literally have tons of LEGO since my whole apartment contents were
over 6 tons, it's a good guess LEGO was at least 1/3 of the weight...

I have a good handle on my Bricklink / Brickbay purchases, I either kept the
invoice, or printed it out, and I have average prices, etc. I have a
separate sheet tracking those. My excessive purchases of Futuron minifigs
have seriously swayed numbers into the minifig direction. : ) I am also
keeping track of drafts, and some random collections I do get from time to
time, but I am sure my collection counts are off track with things I got
before I started tracking all this stuff! but I try to get it as accurate as
possible.

I have some records that would help, but I've got lots of eBay lots that
were "huge lot of parts". Without counting every lot as it arrived,
there is no way to have a good record. I estimate parts lots account for
between 10 and 20 percent of my collection, though it is probably rising
since now the only purchases I make via eBay etc. are parts lots.

Frank