 General / 41670
41669  |  41671
Subject:
Pick-A-Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 06:40:33 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Noticed this on FBTB, but hadn't noticed it here:

http://www.lego.com/eng/info/press/morepress.asp?RegionalSiteId=11&id=659

============= Quoted ============
April 2 2003

Pick a brick in the LEGOLAND Parks

The LEGOLAND Parks in Billund and Windsor have introduced the Pick-a-Brick
concept to their guests as the Parks opened for the new season this weekend.
In the new Brick Shops the guests can choose from several hundred different
kinds of bricks and pay by weight.

The concept has become very popular in the LEGO Brand Stores and this
concept supports the Make & Create products launched by LEGO Company.

LEGOLAND Deutschland already has a Brick Shop. Park Manager Mads Ryder wants
to introduce the concept to LEGOLAND California as well in the near future.

In LEGOLAND Billund the Make & Create products from LEGO Company get strong
marketing support by the new Power Builder attraction – a robot ride that
the guests can program themselves.

Anyone know what bricks they've got available? Or how much they charge? I
can only assume it's bulk prices or higher... But still, great if you live
near one of the parks!

DaveE