 General / 41569
Re: Cool Lego Site of the Week question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:05:19 GMT

Same thing here.

For same reason I don't read it that often - no reason to.

In general I have notices a very low period lately - seems like poeple is
doing something else in the beginning of this year - just when I am doing a
lot. There have been less traffic in the groups I read (at least I feel so).

Sonnich
http://www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/
not a cool site :-|

Jeremy Scott <copyright@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
I don't vote because I can't.  I don't think that CLSOTW should be limited
to members only, but alas, I have given up the arguement after I was shot
down at admin.suggestions.  Oh well. Just look to the newfound sucess of
Minifig Hall of Fame, I would say opening voting up for everyone would • mean
lots of votes!  Not to cry for the dead, but here is my whole  opinion on
LCSOTW... http://news.lugnet.com/admin/suggestions/?n=394

In lugnet.general, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
So, why do so few people vote on CLSotW?  Back in December there were • over 20
per poll (with 23, 26, 37, and 32 responses for those four weeks).  After • that
it has dropped: 27, 13, 17, 20, 9, 14, 13, and coming in this week at a
whopping 6.

I know that back when CLSotW seemed to die before there were some who • said that
every cool site had already been chosen.  But I would argue that a glance
through the picks since CLSotW came back proves otherwise.  Even some • important
and popular sites from before like Peeron hadn't been picked by that • point, and
some really popular sites have sprung up in the last 18 months like the • Brick
Testament and the BI Portal.  I would agree that each week there are some • in
the poll that don't match up to the others, but I am constantly surprised • by
some of the new sites, or at least sites that are new to me.

Is it that it takes too long to vote?  Other polls (including profoundly • flawed
polls) seem to get more votes, and those are often hard to find.  CLSotW • is
linked off the front page.  Granted, it takes a little bit to click • through an
unfamiliar site, but isn't discovering new Lego creations part of why we • are
all here?

Anyway, I'd just like to urge people to vote more.  CLSotW is probably • the only
ongoing community-wide recognition of people's creations (as opposed to • more
periodic contests or recognitions in smaller segments of the community). • But
if only six people are actually voting, it doesn't really mean as much.

Bruce