 General / 41328
Re: Gobble Gobble!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 05:07:04 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
Dave Eaton and I had a rather short but useful series of emails today, and
together we designed a pretty neat turkey.

The original turkey-chicken (as it was neither one nor the other) was Dave
Eaton's design.  However, after modifying his design to make it a pure bred
turkey, and sitting it next to my livestock, I noticed that the turkey was
smaller than my ducks (which are pretty huge for minifig scale).

Actually, Anthony's duck/chicken/goose designs inspired me to try playing
around with chickens again (my 1st design):
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/rooster.jpg

Now, I *love* the chickeny look that this model has, but, it is a bit too
large. Maybe it'd work as a technic-scale or Lego-mini-land-scale chicken.
Just to give an idea of some scale (with some other chicken designs):
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/4chickens.jpg

Both Anthony and I figured size-wise it might make more sense as a turkey,
and he put this together:
http://www.ozbricks.net/ikros/Temp/turkey.jpg

A turkey is supposed to be a BIG bird.  So I took the parts from Dave Eaton's
design and grafted them onto Andy Lynch's duck design.

And voila!  A big Turkey!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/village/bigturkey.jpg

I actually sorta stuck with the same design as before, but just beefed up
the tail, wings, and head:
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/turkey.jpg

Gobble Gobble!

What are a bunch of chickens and turkeys called, anyway?
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/chickens_n_turkeys.jpg

DaveE