 Castle / 16147
Re: Livestock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:40:00 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
For those interested, a picture of my livestock can be found here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/village/livestock.jpg

Then he added in a different thread:

So here is the credit where I should have given it in the first place:

Franklin Cain designed the original cow I used, which I have since changed into
my new beefy cow:
As well as the goose:

Leah Cardaci designed the goats:

Dave Eaton and originally Suzanne Rich gave me the design of the sheep:
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/newtown/sm_sheepnchicks.jpg

Andy Lynch designed my ducks:
http://www.andyandjackie.com/lego/Animal.htm

Thank them for these animals, please, not me.

Anthony, thanks for these pics and links.  It is especially useful for newer
members of the community to be reminded that these helpful ideas are out there.

I personally have been using Franklin Cain's cow and ox designs for about a
year now, as well as Leah Cardaci's goat design.  However, for sheep, I
prefer Franklin's design which I think are more to scale to minifigures (and
I am lucky enough to have quite a number of the pieces needed for them in
white and black).  An example of his sheep is here:

Thanks again for bringing up a fun and useful topic!

-Hendo