 Castle / 16138
16137  |  16139
Subject:
Livestock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:39:34 GMT

I figured that if I'm going to get serious into this whole village thing, my
people are gonna need to eat and sustain themselves.  So thus, I began looking
around LUGNET for livestock ideas.

I found many designs for many animals, and though I'd love to give credit to
those who came up with the designs, I'm too tired and lazy to look up the
creator of each one.  A big thank you to all of you who deserve credit, you
know who you are.

However...

I did not find a design for a chicken that I liked.  They were either too
spindly or too one dimentional for me.  I wanted a fat fryer.  I looked in
Trains, I looked in Town, I even looked in Wild West.  No one in lugnet had
posted or anyone in brickshelf had uploaded a minifig scale chicken design that
I was happy with.

I love the duck design I used, I can just see them waddling around quacking
here and there, all fluffed up and happy (I knew a elderly couple who owned a
particularly friendly Mallard Drake named Mally when I was a child, but that's
another story).  I wanted something like that for my chickens too.

So I designed my own plump little wobbly chicken.

But you all might just be surprised at just how limited in parts I am for these
things, so you'll have to forgive me for any unnacceptable color schemes.  You
might think the creator of Ikros has an unlimited supply of all the bricks he
wants.  And if you think that, I got this bridge for sale...

So anyway, now my villagers have food.

They have

1 blue footed Goose
2 Bovine types (a jersey like cow and a bull)
3 Chickens (two hens and a rooster)
4 fluffy Sheep
5 Goats (one tan adult, one tan kid and three black)
6 Ducks (I'm especially proud of my Mallard Drake)
7 little chirpy Chicks (cop out, I know)

It's beginning to sound like the 12 days of Christmas... or at least the 7 days
of spring break?

I also would like to thank Dave Eaton for the inspiration to make my chicken
and duck coops (they're not finalized though).  Then again Dave, you were the
one who started me wanting to build a village in the first place, so you're to
blame for all my noise lately ;)

For those interested, a picture of my livestock can be found here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/village/livestock.jpg

If you'd like to build a chicken of my design but can't figure it out, I could
be talked into posting some pictures of the design.

And that's all I have to say about that.

--Anthony
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros
http://www.ozbricks.net/ikros/chaos.html