 General / 41198
41197  |  41199
Subject:
Looking for someone to take over the LUG Map...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 18:41:02 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Unfortunately I really don't have the time needed to keep the LUG Map up to
date.  There have been several clubs waiting to be included but I just havn't
had the time.  Having a new infant and a 2 year old tend to take up any free
time one has...

Anyway I am looking for someone to take over this project.  The current state
of the map can be seen here.

http://www.lugnet.com/map/

Unfortunately one of the problems is this is a very manual and time intensive
project.  I would think that a better solution could be found.  When I
initially did this I did it more as a conceptual idea rather than something
that I thought would be put into production and become so popular.

If someone would like to find a better way to do this or continue with the maps
that I have started I would greatly appretiate it.  If there isn't anybody that
can take this over I will keep it on my To-Do list but it is unfortunately a
long list and this is fairly low on my priority list.

So please contact me or post a response to this message and we can see what
arrangements can be made to pass off the work.  One option might be for the
project to be split up where one person takes North America and another Europe
and so on.  It could even be reduced down to a single map like the North
America LUG map.  If this is the way things go I could possibly handle one map.
It's just having the whole world as my responsibility is a bit daunting ;-).

Thanks for your time,

Eric Kingsley

Followups to: .org and .trains.org