 General / 41197
Re: Name that part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 18:27:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Andrew Lillie writes:
Apologies in advance if this is not the best place to post this question...

I was in the Lego store in Downtown Disney two days ago.  They have a few
play areas where you can build with miscellaneous bricks.  In one of these,
I saw a part that I've never seen before.  It was shaped like a ring with
cross in the middle.  It was probably 12+ studs in diameter, though I didn't
count, so I could be way off.  In the very center, there was a 2x2 hole in
the cross members.  The cross members had studs, but at least the very
outside edge of the ring was studless.  The one I saw was yellow.

Any thoughts on what this part is and/or what sets it might be in?  I've
checked through partsref, and a few other parts lists and was unable to find it.

Thanks,
Andy
Hi Andy,
The part you are talking about is from some Belville sets like Pretty
Playland #5870.  It is used for the merry go round and other such items!  I
have a ton of these in yellow from those sets.  I don't think they are
listed on partsref sites.  I couldn't find it!  The number on the part
itself is 4750.  You can see it in the picture of set #5870 at this location:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5870

I hope this helps!
Tom