 General / 41071
Re: Unoffical LEGO Event Web Calendar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:42:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
Thank you very much, John. This is something we realy needed to have.

I have a suggestion:
Would it be possible to distinguish the European and American events from
eachother, by different colours for instance?

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Thanks for the support. I hope everyone finds it as useful as I have.

I am relying on Apple's web server to render the .ics file, so I have little
control over how the web page looks. I am submitting a bunch of feature
requests for iCal 2.0, so we'll see if something like that may be possible
in the future.

For now, the only way to seperate the two would be to publish two different
calendars. I'll do that if there is enough demand for it. I would also like
to find some way to easily differentiate between US regions or States in the
web calendar. It's not too bad searching for local events in iCal, but I've
noticed it can be difficult with the current web interface.

Alternatively, I could write my own ics parser (good excuse to learn PERL)
and publish the calendar on my own web server. Ummm, not today, though. ;-)

John