 General / 40831
Re: Columbia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:13:11 GMT

It is haunting that the challenger discussion was just brought up in this
group, now more disaster. I just witnessed the footage on television and I
and humbled and saddened. My heart goes out to the families of the crew. May
this remind us how the path to space is paved by heros and how daunting a
task it is to conquer.

Tony

In lugnet.space, Pedro Silva writes:
I just heard on the news... NASA seems to have lost contact with Columbia
Space Shuttle. The footage shown points out to a faulty re-entry, but  have
no more info at the moment - can someone check further on what is happening?

Pedro