 General / 40658
  Inferior colour rendering in this year's instructions

While at LEGOLAND Windsor last year on 'business' I picked up a copy of the internal employee newspaper 'LEGO Life'. In it was an article about a new CAD system being introduced to create instruction diagrams, called 3D Vision. This year all the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Inferior colour rendering in this year's instructions

(...) I've noticed that it tends to be particularly bad on slopes. If the sloped side is facing the light source (upper right, IIRC) then it is rendered about five shades too light. Rounded pieces tend to look really weird, too. In my opinion they (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Inferior colour rendering in this year's instructions

(...) It's not just you it's impacted me, at least. I consider it a retrograde step too, it tripped me up confusing white and grey. Milton Train Works(tm) instructions will not use shading in the foreseeable future, I don't think... (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Inferior colour rendering in this year's instructions

(...) I've had the same problem-I do NOT like the new color-confusion 'art' at all. I was trained in architecture in college & also took many art courses & did art on my own (& still do); A VERY important concept is to make one's ideas easily read, (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Inferior colour rendering in this year's instructions

(...) Oh yeah... the quality of instructions, plus all the new colors, makes it difficult to build stuff sometimes. Back when there was only black, white, and grey, I had no problems telling the 3 apart. Now that they've added dark grey, I find (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Inferior colour rendering in this year's instructions

(...) I had this identical problem, so it's not just you. Certain colors are *horribly* rendered, such as the orange in the Star Wars mini sets (check out the pod racers-- the orange in Sebulba's racer is way off). It doesn't always lead directly to (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)