 General / 40662
Re: Inferior colour rendering in this year's instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:57:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington writes:
While at LEGOLAND Windsor last year on 'business' I picked up a copy of the
internal employee newspaper 'LEGO Life'. In it was an article about a new
CAD system being introduced to create instruction diagrams, called 3D
Vision.

This year all the instructions have been produced using this software, by
the looks of things, because the main visible difference is the shading and
top-left light source that 'illuminates' the models and thus creates
different shades on each face of the bricks. (excuse my non-technical CAD
terms, I am no expert)

Now, I don't know if it's just me, but it seems to be a retrograde step. On
several occasions I have had difficulty telling the difference between white
and light grey and  between black and dark grey.

It's not just you it's impacted me, at least. I consider it a retrograde
step too, it tripped me up confusing white and grey.

Milton Train Works(tm) instructions will not use shading in the foreseeable
future, I don't think...