 General / 40664
Re: Inferior colour rendering in this year's instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 00:03:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington writes:
This year all the instructions have been produced using this software, by
the looks of things, because the main visible difference is the shading and
top-left light source that 'illuminates' the models and thus creates
different shades on each face of the bricks. (excuse my non-technical CAD
terms, I am no expert)

Oh yeah... the quality of instructions, plus all the new colors, makes it
difficult to build stuff sometimes.  Back when there was only black, white,
and grey, I had no problems telling the 3 apart.

Now that they've added dark grey, I find myself confusing black, grey, and
dark grey all the time!  A good example of this is in the instructions for
the Imperial Star Destroyer.

-Bryan