 General / 40143
Re: Feedback thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:05:04 GMT

"ssenkrahsemaj" <jamesharkness@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H7B484.1pr@lugnet.com...
Well I don't post alot of times because I hate having to go into my email
and authenticate the message. I think that is a precaution that is really
unneccesary.

I have to disagree with you on the authentication aspect.  Were you active
during the events that made authentication necessary?  I believe all of the
bogus posts were removed but to summarize, there was an individual who was
spoofing posts under other legitimate user names solely for the purpose of
creating controversy and chaos.  A lot of cruel and/or profane things were
posted which were attributed to people who didn't actually write them.
People think LUGNET is an unfriendly place now (I personally do not)?  It
really got out of hand for a while until people figured out what was
happening and it got back under control once Todd worked out the
authentication process.

I find the authentication process pretty trivial.  I use a news reader so I
post a message and check my e-mail.  I reply to the LUGNET confirmation post
with an "X" in the appropriate box and I'm done.  I don't consider this a
big deal.  It isn't any different than posting on BrickLink's forum - it has
a "Do you really want to post this?" type of confirmation.  It is all done
over the web but probably isn't any less key strokes.

[ ... snipped ... ]

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com