 General / 40152
Re: Feedback thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:13:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Harkness writes:
Yeah I wasn't here when that happened and if they tok away the
authentication process it would probably start up again there are always
pests. I would just prefer if i could login and by my ip address I would be
authenticated or however login systems work.

The best way to work it is really to have a username/password. Short of
that, email's about the only secure way to work authentication, since you
can fake your IP, news reader ID, email headers, etc.

If you would like to avoid the authentication process, you can get a Lugnet
username/password for $10 by signing up to be a Lugnet member. Then, as long
as you log in and post via the web interface, you don't have to go through
the bother of authenticating each post.

DaveE