 General / 39652
  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

Funny, I really don't have any problems. Large pictures come slowly, and some people upload BMP's (KL, an idea could to to convert to the JPGs). BMPs take years to see, but for normal sized pictures (I prefer max 800x600) come at a normal speed. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) Geekshelf has it's own separate pool of bandwidth. While it too is currently maxed out (also due to unexpected popularity), it does not affect the Brickshelf bandwidth. In other words, if Geekshelf were shut off, you would not see any (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) That's good news. As long as there are no pop-up ads, I'm fine with it. Anything to help Brickshelf! -JHK (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) That's good news. As long as there are no pop-up ads, I'm fine with it. Anything to help Brickshelf! -JHK (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

Aack! Why do I get so many double-postings now? -JHK (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) I would MUCH rather see a paid subscription service, than to see Brickshelf succumb to corporate sponsors. Especially if they're sponsors that have nothing to do with the LEGO hobby. Please Kevin, allow users to pay you something like $10/yr, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

Kevin -- any feedback on this? -Tim (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

(...) A few ideas to ignore... 1) If folks would use their brickshelf accounts as if they were paying for them there'd be a lot less bandwidth used. Limits to image and folder sizes have been suggested before. Other bandwidth-limiting features might (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is Brickshelf slow for anyone else lately?

Snipped a lot of good suggestions about being a bit more economical. (...) Weird, I bought space there too and am not getting spammed. Why is that? Wonder if it was one of those "look hard and make sure you uncheck it or else you said you wanted it" (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)