 General / 39544
Re: New poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:03:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.general, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Make up your mind, you yell "Yes" and then qualify it by saying, "okay, but
not really."  Personally, I'd count that as a big "No".

Really? I read it as "Yes, but I understand why". Or "Maybe" (IE yes they
used my idea, but I'm not sure if it was because of *me* or not, it may have
been someone else or an internally generated decision). I didn't see "No" in
it at all.

My apologies if I wasn't clear: as in *I* wouldn't count his scenario as a
yes, regardless of Jeremy's opinion (see my reply to Jeremy).

I guess it depends on what you thought the question was. If the question was
"Did you give Lego an idea that they SHOULD have credited you with?" then I
agree with you 100%.

However, the question was "Do you feel the TLC has ever taken an idea of
yours ... and turned it into a product without giving you credit?" And
clearly this was Jeremy's idea-- and they did use that idea-- and they
didn't give him credit. The only loophole I see is if it really wasn't
Jeremy's idea to start with. If he got it from somewhere else, then it
wasn't really an idea of *his*. The question also didn't say (although I
might agree it implied) that Lego used your idea specifically due to your
direct action, not due to the action of others.

DaveE