 General / 39393
Re: New Member Updates?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:12:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sean Devolites writes:
In lugnet.general, John Henry Kruer writes:
I sent my LUGNET member form a few weeks ago, and still no email with
payment info.

Ok, I'll look into this and contact you.

I've noticed that there are a bunch of new LUGNET members,
though.

What's up?

-JHK
Ahhhhhh.  What a conveniant day that you ask that on : )
As I found out myself, stuff like this can take a while.

In LUGNET's defense, most memberships are processed in a few days.

It took me 3 months to finish b/c Suz is busy.
Just be patient (what a guy I am to tell you : ))
and it'll work out.
Hasta La Vista, Sean
Finally LUGNET member 1818.

fyi, Sean's membership was processed less than 24 hours from my receipt of his
payment.

I might sounds a little bit sensitive here, but...

Some delays are due to things like: an applicant sending their payment to the
wrong PayPal address, or an applicant having a friend pay their membership fee
without notifying me of the name discrepancy, etc.

I know I need to make a FAQ for this, and it'd be good if there was a simple
form for contacting me.. but for now, here's the start of one:

Membership applications go first to Todd who okays them each individually on
certain criteria. After that, I wait for payment and when it's received, I
activate each new member. Because it's a two-person operation, I can't
personally promise every applicant that they'll be up and running by a specific
time. However, I can say that I process memberships (the ones ready to go)
every few days. This is evident if you track new members' joining dates. For
example: on each day below, I brought all memberships up to date.

Nov
15,
13,
7,
6,
(I was away on honeymoon)
26,
23,
21,
11,
Sept
28,
26,
21,
20,
19,
17,
16,
9,
7,
6,
5,
1,

My point is- if you've sent payment for your membership and it's been two
weeks, there's a problem. So I'd advise e-mailing me constantly, until the
issue is resolved. Please don't wait a month or more, thinking I've just not
gotten to it yet. I would have. And sometimes the longer things wait, the
harder it is to figure out what happened so we can then correct it.

-Suz