 General / 39224
Re: Old LEGO and LEGO with holes in studs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 19:15:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Dickson writes:
I am bored today. Whilst sorting my LEGO collection, I started wondering
what decides which parts will have holes in the studs? For example, a
standard 2x2 brick has no holes in its studs, but all technic bricks do.

Interesting question.  I have never given it much thought.  It does allow
one to better identify technic elements when mixed with normal ones.  Anyone
else have any idea?

I also found a 2x2 block that has PAT PEND printed on the inside. That would
be from the early 60's, right?

My first guess is that would be from the Samsonite error (assuming you are
in North America) when TLC licensed Samsonite plastics to manufacture early
sets in the US.  And yes, I think that was in the 1960's.

-Hendo