 General / 39223
Re: Old LEGO and LEGO with holes in studs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 19:10:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Thomas Dickson writes:

I think I'll go organize my white bricks by shade of white now.....

Unfortunately that's not as silly as it sounds. I need to sort out my really
bad ones out of my used bricks, some are quite yellowed.

Tell me about it.  I had my town scene setup throughout the whole year of
2001.  In January I boxed it for Castle, and recently decided to dismantle
the prison (a MOC I never cared that much for) and sort it's pieces back
into the collective.  Prior to building it, almost all of it's white and
gray element's were brand new.  And it was close to an east-facing window
for that year.  During the post-destruction sorting, I discovered a severe
color difference on the east-side of the white bricks.  I had seen yellowing
before, but never so distinct.  The sides that had been hidden from the sun
were as white as new, but the exposed sides were the color of yellow post-it
notes.  When viewed from an angle that reveals both colors, it is quite
striking.  I didn't realize this could happen with only 12 months of
exposure.  I best invest in some curtains or blinds...

-Hendo