 General / 39255
Re: Old LEGO and LEGO with holes in studs.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 08:23:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.general, Thomas Dickson writes:
I am bored today. Whilst sorting my LEGO collection, I started wondering
what decides which parts will have holes in the studs? For example, a
standard 2x2 brick has no holes in its studs, but all technic bricks do.

Interesting question.  I have never given it much thought.  It does allow
one to better identify technic elements when mixed with normal ones.  Anyone
else have any idea?

Well, technic bricks are by definition superior, so they must be given the
ability to be placed at 1/2 stud offset. 8?)

Other than that, I have no idea. But did anyone notice there's now some
"ordinary" bricks that have this ability? Check out
http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=12582

ROSCO