 General / 38973
Re: Question Time!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:24:35 GMT

1). How many of you have unintentionally broken legos, and if so, how many?
This may seem like a stupid question, but in thinking about all of my legos, I
have only three broken pieces, over the span of 22 years and a lot of legos.

    I find pieces do seem to break during the processes of building and
sorting. Only yesterday did I break a 1x1 plate w. clip on my 6080 just by
putting a Halberd into it.

2). That brings me to my second question...does anyone have a formula for
calculating the exact size of a lego collection? I can't even begin to imagine
how big mine is...how do other folks figure this out?

    Well, I keep a list of all the sets I own, plus I have all my sorted
spare pieces stored in a database. So all I have to do is add the number of
pieces in each set to the number of pieces in my database and hey-presto!
It's probably not totally accurate, but gives me a good idea.

    Steve