 General / 38649
Re: Bionicle Shoes (Re: is this for real)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:17:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach writes:
<SNIP!>
Personally, I think it's great that LEGO is making money, after a couple of
tough years.  I just wish they were making money selling actual LEGO bricks
(the kind that work with all other themes & sets!), not this Bionicle or
Galidor 'stuff'...

JohnG, GMLTC

1) Don't you think that if actual bricks sold as well as Bionicle that Lego
would do just that?

2) Bionicle is as compatable with all other themes and sets as traditional
Technic is-you just have to figure out where it fits in for you. Townies would
have a tough time using most Bionicle parts, but I'm seeing plenty of creations
making use of the ball joint piece (among others).

3) Please don't lump Galidor in with Bionicle or Jack Stone. They are all very
seperate products aimed at different groups. Comparing these products is much
like grouping Duplo, Train and Technic. Same company-different appeals for
different individuals.

I'm also glad that Lego is making money. This in turn gives many of us what
we're looking for-UCS products, train lines, MOC lines, Legends, etc. Now if we
could just do something about the appalling lack of space themed support....

-Dave