 General / 38644
Re: Bionicle Shoes (Re: is this for real)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:47:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.general, Mark Papenfuss writes:
Yup, sure is. Here is a much better pic of it, and no line wrapping, lol:

http://www.landofbricks.com/bz/shoes1.jpg

There is an ad of it on the back of the Bionicle comic #8, which is in the
bag with the new Lego club mag. hitting homes now. My 8 year old son already
wants them. And thats the age range they are aiming at. Just proof of how
much money Bionicle is really making for Lego. This is a good thing ;)

What are you calling "a good thing"?  The fact that LEGO is making money, or
the fact that the Bionicle theme is at least partially responsible for that
money?

Mainly the fact that Lego is making money from the Bionicle line. I know
that will transfer into more Bionicle stuff (like 2 movies for example). But
also that it is Bionicle making money. I think its a great way for kids to
get into the Lego world. And as long as they enter the world we know and
love then that means more money for Lego, and that is a good thing....

Personally, I think it's great that LEGO is making money, after a couple of
tough years.  I just wish they were making money selling actual LEGO bricks
(the kind that work with all other themes & sets!), not this Bionicle or
Galidor 'stuff'...

hehe, I dunno how much money they are making from Galidor. But I am hoping
they take some of the profits from Bionicle and put it into other themes
that could use a shot in the arm. Like Town sets, we could use some new Town
sets (not Jack Stone, that is not town!). Trains is doing well now, but who
would complain about getting more money put into it? Maybe some more 'Sea
themed' sets wuld be cool. But as long as Lego puts some of the money into
development for new Lego sets (like how we know Lego, with bricks and
plates) then it would be a very good thing.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com

JohnG, GMLTC