 General / 38563
    Harry Potter Phoenix Deely —James Stacey
   Dunno if this has been asked before, but I got my new Harry potter sets through the post yesterday and the Chaber of Secrets set comes with some sort of phoenix type creature. However whats odd about it is that the tail fades colour from Red to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely —Benjamin Medinets
   (...) That would be Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix who plays a vital role in the last part of the story (Harry vs. Tom Riddle). Its interesting that this is a "non-printed" color change. It must have been even expensive, as in more expensive than (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely —Erik Olson
     Mega Bloks is doing this with tinted polycarbonate in the Dragons torches. Very interesting. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely —A. Mark Wilburn
   (...) Yes, quite correct, that's a phoenix. I read all 4 books only a year ago, amazing how much I've already forgotten (its name)! I forgot (memory fading in old age (31 is old if you forget to sleep)), but isn't that the same phoenix that provided (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely —Erick Jensen
   (...) No, they never mention where the feathers for Harry and Voldemort's wands come from. It's just Dumbledore's pet, like Harry has Hegwig and Ron has/had Scabbers. If that is revealed in the latter half of Goblet of Fire then I wouldn't know, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

        Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely [Now contains GOF spoilers] —Matthew Gerber
   (...) 'Tis true: "Exactly," said Dumbledore. "Harry's wand and Voldemorts wand share cores. Each of them contains a feather from the tail of the same phoenix. This phoenix, in fact," he added, and he pointed at the scarlet-and-gold bird, perching (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

        Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely [Now contains GOF spoilers] —Erick Jensen
   Crap, wish I hadn't read that. Ah well it doesn't reveal that much about the story. Oh well, my bad, ha ha. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

        Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely [Now contains GOF spoilers] —Benjamin Medinets
     Not to be a wise-behind, but the text comes from the first book. It is also in the first movie. So if you hadn't read the first book or seen the first movie then it would have mattered about this info. There was nothing new revealed information (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

         Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely [Now contains GOF spoilers] —James Brown
     (...) That text is from the Goblet of Fire; hence the "four years ago" part of it... They don't mention it in the first movie, either. In fact, I don't even think we see Fawkes in the first movie (or book). James (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

        Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely [Now contains GOF spoilers] —Maggie Cambron
   (...) No, not entirely. Matt *did* warn of a spoiler in the subject header, but if you glance at the post on the web interface, it's hard to avoid reading it. The customary thing to do is to place the spoiler well into the post so you have fair (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

        Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely [Now contains GOF spoilers] —Matthew Gerber
   (...) You're right...my fault. But by the time I had realized that portions could be read in the web interface preview and that I forgot the spoiler space, I had posted. I usually strictly adhere to spoiler space in alt.fan.harry-potter...I even (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

        Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely [Now contains GOF spoilers] —Erick Jensen
     (...) Ah that's no biggie, like stated earlier, it really doesn't reveal much about the story. I knew it was a spoiler but I'm a sucker for that stuff. I'm at the point in the story where he is starting the second task/challenge. I'll probably be (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)

        Re: Harry Potter Phoenix Deely [Now contains GOF spoilers] —A. Mark Wilburn
   (...) ... (...) Er, no, *my* fault. In my jumbled mess of a memory, I thought that was revealed in the 2nd book, sorry. I should've realized that I might remember bits from the 3rd and 4th books and not remember the exact sequence of revelations. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.harrypotter)